Sunday, March 11, 2012

Money Doesn't Always Matter - Make a Priceless List

So if you have read the back story to my blog you know by now the content of this blog is two-fold.

1 -Money Matters

In life their are things that money can buy. Money enables us to obtain our needs and some of our wants. Day in and day out, we make money and spend money and then make money again. It's a cycle. Earn and spend. Earn and spend. I plan to guide and inspire you to take part in this cycle as wisely as possible. Don't get lost in it. Be in control of it.

Yesterday, I got a jump start on the money topic and Step 1 was to make a budget.  Today I would like to talk about the other topic...

2- Money Doesn't Always Matter

While I hope to give everyone financial advice, I also want to encourage everyone to take the time to discover the things in their life that money simply cannot buy. I wasn't sure what to call these things, so for now I will call it a "Priceless List". No matter how hard we work, and how much money we make, and how much advice we receive, the "Priceless List" is the part of our lives that money cannot buy.  When the financial side to your life feels like it's out of control, when you are prospering yet you still do not feel satisfied, when you feel like you have no hope during hard times, these are the times to turn to your "Priceless List".  I will be sharing what is in my list and in turn I hope that you will find yours. Please note, I have no intention for you to agree with all of my priceless items and moments. I don't intend to pressure you into loving what I love. These things will be different for everyone and I cannot define them for you.  I want to share what makes up my "priceless list" as way to help you find yours. You can try what works for me or you can try something totally different. I just encourage you to try.  While society may force us in to needing money for some things, you just may find a little freedom in knowing that it cannot provide you with everything.  I challenge you to dig deep and define for yourself things you cannot put a price tag on. This list will be ever changing so be flexible. Yesterday I asked you to make a budget. Today, I ask you to make your "Priceless List". 










2 comments:

  1. One of mine is going to Ireland. Trip is planned and paid for, except for air travel. Still scouring for THE deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should explain a little...the thought of being in Ireland is priceless. Those moments will always be something I remember with fondness...

    ReplyDelete