Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Priceless List

Two days ago I wrote about making a priceless list. As I reflected on what I had written and what I should write next, I realized if I'm going to do this whole "blogging thing" I had better practice what I preach!  While I have my "priceless list" floating around in my head, I have never actually taken the time to truly think about it in a list format and write it down. If I'm asking my readers to make a list, then I should be making one too. So here is the start to my list. It will grow and change everyday. I will come back here often and update it as I discover more about myself. I accept I must be flexible with this list and keep plugging along with it to better my life. It is MY list. I am open to sharing it, but it is created for ME. Please create your list for YOU. Yours may be similar or totally different, but again, I'm asking you to make one. 

  • Laughing so hard it makes me cry
  • Getting or giving a hug just....because
  • Getting lost in a really good book
  • Family time
  • Friend time
  • My relationship with God
  • God's mercy and love for me
  • The first signs of spring
  • Snowflakes falling on my face
  • The feeling after a good workout
  •  Being shown appreciation when you least expect it
  • Showing appreciation and gratitude
  • Seeing someone light up in a genuine way when they open a gift you give them
  • Random acts of kindness
  • Sharing a smile with a stranger
  • Soaking in nature's beauty
  • Recognizing nature's beauty 
  • Realizing the positive side to things, even when it appears so negative
  • Coming out on the other side of a really painful time and being able to say "I made it"
  • Fresh air on my face
  • Hearing music that moves me (in a soulful way)
  • Hearing music that moves me (in a way that makes me want to dance)
  • Falling in love
  • Being in love
  • The moment when a child teaches ME something
  • Whether I'm gone 2 minutes or 2 days, the way my cat ALWAYS greets me at the door 
  • Whenever I feel needed
To be continued......




As I started to think about my list and what my priceless items were, I contemplated what all the items in my list had in common. I realized the roots of most of my list were from emotions I felt during my life experiences and the comfort they give me. Some of these priceless items can be found for free and some of them you can find with a little help from money. However, if you are spending money to seek out these priceless moments, I encourage you to proceed with caution. I'm reminded of a Beatles song.  "Can't By me Love" .  Love is an emotion we can all agree feels wonderful and priceless. But just as the song says,  "Money can't be me love" . Be careful not to get so lost in seeking out your priceless moments that you start to spend too much money in your search. Priceless moments should be genuine, natural, and come from the heart. If you try to buy them with money, then you are defeating their soul purpose. Don't try to put a price tag on them.  They are after all, PRICELESS.
 
This was my priceless moment of the day.
 - Realizing the positive side to things, even when it appears so negative -

 Thank you dreary rainy day for bringing us beautiful flowers!







1 comment:

  1. Wisdom is not based on what happens to you but rather on what you DO with what happens to you!

    We can all learn from you! KM

    ReplyDelete